Meet the new Accelerator start-ups.
During the summer we have received many interesting and innovative applications for the Climate-KIC Accelerator program.
After assessing all applications, an initial selection was made. A total of 21 teams were selected for a 2-day boot camp end of September.
The bootcamp ended with a pitch round, in which all teams had to present themselves for a review board. After an intensive jury discussion, the final selection was announced.
Thirteen teams have been admitted to stage 1 of the Accelerator program. The grant in stage 1 is €10,000.
We are happy to welcome the following teams in stage 1:
- Crover: aims to reduce grain waste by mapping conditions inside grain stores.
- Dimple: a technology to reduce turbulent drag, by developing surfaces with smooth and shallow indentations that reduce skin friction in a turbulent boundary layer.
- Entusia: offers stylish washable underwear for light urine loss.
- Smyle: provides proper tooth care by selling all-natural toothpaste tabs.
- Mylium: uses mycelium to create materials. Mycelium is a dense network of fungal threads, also simply called the ‘roots of fungi’.
- Noria: The Noria system prevents plastic to reach the open water such as seas and oceans. The system is powered by water current, solar energy or wind energy.
- PuurBezorgd: brings ‘ecovenience’ to grocery shopping: You order your groceries online and we ship them to your kitchen in reusable packaging.
- Solar Sedum: The Solar Sedum Roof is a product based around the Airframe that integrates solar panels with a green roof.
- The Soft Revolt Intimates: fully knitted bralettes that are wire free, seamless and have built-in compression zones to give the support women need.
- Unseam: develops new technologies enabling local, digital and on-demand manufacturing of textile products.
- Vektoro: a new technology to enable high yield sustainable energy power generation for both wave and wind applications at low cost.
- Krusli: produces breakfast cereals which are made with rescued food.
- +Earth Carbon Black: builds large-scale transformation units to help neutralize carbon-dioxide footprints by making carbon-dioxide waste streams profitable.
EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator
Are you interested in the Climate Accelerator? Apply now for the next round.
- Do you have a breakthrough idea related to new technology with substantial climate impact?
- Is your motivation to achieve global success?
- Do you have a co-founder in your team?
- Are you ready to enter the market within 6 – 9 months?
Apply now for the next round of the Climate-KIC Accelerator Programme.