Elemental Water Makers one of the contenders ‘National Icons’
Ten innovative technologies were nominated as finalists for the election of the new National Icons. The winners of the National Icons contest – the most beautiful Dutch solution for global issues in the areas of health, energy, digitization, circular materials or mobility – will be announced in September by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate.
One of the 10 finalists is Climate-KIC Alumni Elemental Water Makers, and also start-up Lightyear is one of the nominees. Congratulations!
The 10 finalists:
The 10 Dutch innovations in the race to be awarded the National Icon title are:
- BiosparQ (Leiden): fast and affordable diagnosis of infectious diseases;
- Elemental Water Makers (The Hague): sustainable water supply via sun, sea and wind;
- Hiberband (Amsterdam): satellite network for Internet of Things (IoT);
- Inreda Diabetic (Goor): artificial pancreas for people with diabetes;
- PET Upcycling (Ioniqa, Eindhoven): chemical recycling method for PET plastic waste;
- Leadax (Wapenveld): the new lead: a fully circular replacement of lead;
- Lightyear (Atlas Technologies, Helmond): electric family car powered by solar energy;
- Oxycom Fresh Air (Raalte): natural air control in buildings
- PowerNEST (IBIS Power, Eindhoven): extra floor on the building combines energy from sun and wind;
- Smart * Light (Delft / Eindhoven): inventive mobile instrument that generates X-rays for medical, material and art research.
The government helps the National Icons realize their ambitions and gives them an international stage. The entrepreneurs and researchers involved receive a customized support program. In addition, they get a minister or state secretary as ambassador. This offers, for example, access to a large network when tapping new opportunities at home and abroad.
Read more > Nationale Iconen (Dutch)